Update September 28, 2017: The NHL Game Center Mod is no longer working. A new add-on called NHL TV is now available from the official Kodi repository. For more information see the article Watch NHL Gamecenter or NHL.TV in 60fps with Kodi.
Original article: NHL Game Center was recently overhauled to NHL.TV. The re-launch was accompanied by new apps for iOS and Android which allows subscribers (or those with a Rogers Share Everything plan) to stream games in full HD at 60fps. Although iOS and Android users have beautiful apps to stream live NHL games, one of the most popular platforms on earth was forgotten.. again.
Those of us who run Windows, especially anyone with Media Center PCs running Windows, understand the pain of watching NHL games through a web browser. It’s an awful experience which is limited to 30fps (frames per second). But as long as you’re a subscriber, you can stream those games on Windows in crystal clear 60fps with the recently updated NHL Game Center Mod addon for Kodi.
What do I need?
- Windows 7/8/10
- NHL Game Center subscription
What is Kodi?
Kodi is an Open Source full-featured Media Center software application available for many platforms. I suggest reading “What is Kodi and how do I use it to stream movies and tv shows?” for more information.
Installing NHL Game Center Mod for Kodi
- Download the addon. I’ll be honest, finding up-to-date addons for Kodi isn’t always easy when they’re not part of the official repository. You should be able to find the latest version of the NHL Game Center Mod on the Kodi Forums.
- Once you have the addon zip file downloaded, launch Kodi and navigate to Settings → Addons → Install from zip.
- Browse for and then select the zip file you downloaded in step 1 (for example, plugin.video.nhl-gamecenter-mod_0.8.0.zip). The NHL Game Center Mod will now be installed.
- Go back to the main screen (backspace key) and select Videos → Addons → NHL Game Center Mod.
- At this point you can navigate the archives or stream live games. Go ahead and select a steam of your choice. You should be prompted to enter your account information. Enter your NHL Game Center credentials. If you’re a Rogers customer, be sure to check the box “Rogers login” and then select Ok.
Congratulations and enjoy 5000kbps streaming at 60fps in full HD.